Hola!! Since I am running errands today I don’t think I can write something decent. So here I am sharing another video of mine on how to clean an aquarium. These 5 simple steps are the one working for me.
My husband said next time wear good clothes. Really, I forgot that day what I’m wearing. 😦 But I still posted the video in youtube lol. I like the video except my clothes. Looks like they are too comfortable 🙂 and definitely short.
So here are my 5 Easy Steps in Cleaning my Aquarium:
- Scrape the algae with a scraper.
- Trim your plants.
- Vacuum the gravel and drain 1/3 of your tank water.
- You can water your garden plants with the tank water that you are about to dispose.
- Turn off your filter before draining the water. In my video I did not show how to clean my filter.
- Fill in your tank with water. Some of them use a thermometer to make sure that the water has almost the same temperature of the remaining water in the tank (I don’t do this). My fish are hardy and can deal with the temperature fluctuation.
- Dose your Dechlorinator. This is only the time I add my liquid fertilizers.
FOR YOUR SAFETY TURN OFF YOUR HEATER BEFORE SUBMERGING YOUR HAND IN YOUR TANK WATER.
There are some people that get electrocuted with their heater, especially the old models. What is happening when you are cleaning your tank and you forget to turn off your heater it will overheat while your draining the water and it can break it’s glass – that’s the moment you can get electrocuted.
- Fish Tank Plant Scissor https://amzn.to/2YxZQCI
- Algae Scraper https://amzn.to/2w2yLvd
- Dechlorinator / TAP Water Conditioner https://amzn.to/2w9Ks33
- Siphon https://amzn.to/2VJUx6g
Please say hi on my comment area even if you don’t have an aquarium. 🙂 Thank you so much!