Try this easy recipe and you will never eat instant mashed potatoes from the box. 🙂 You just need a potato masher.
- 3 medium Red Potato or any available Potato you have
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Parmesan Cheese
- Wash and scrub the red potatoes and cut it into chunks. Then boil it in a pot.
- Once the potatoes are done, place it in a bowl. Take 1/4 cup of water from the pot and add it into the bowl with the potato chunks.
- Mash the potato with your masher depending on your preferred consistency.
- Add sour cream, butter, parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and mix using a spoon. Continue mashing the potato until you reached your preferred consistency and texture.
In case that your mash potato becomes really runny, just heat it in low fire for ten minutes while continuously stirring it (to avoid the potato from burning). Believe me it may happen and it happened to me first time. 🙂
Enjoy! The preparation is as easy as your instant mashed potatoes packages but it taste way way better.
Credits: Recipe from my Aunt